The Many Works of Pat Hatt
June 29, 2015
While driving four hours yesterday, what I do for the cats so they don’t have to go, a few nut balls decided to get in my way. So some observations while driving are in store.
1. Most people aren’t out at 7 in the morning.
2. Thus traffic is easy to get through. Can it still be called traffic if there is none?
3. Lights magically stay green. Funny how that works.
4. Yard Sale people are out early. I guess they don’t like sleep. Have to get that deal.
5. Businesses that are actually open on Saturdays are bored. Yep, saw a few workers pacing outside of open doors of their shops.
6. Driving is a foreign word to many. Crawling would be a better word. Do they think an elephant is going to get in front of them or something? It’s clear, it’s sunny, the roads are bare, no coppers around, so go the friggin speed limit at least. I’d prefer they go a little faster or get out of my way though.
7. A butt can fall asleep and start to tingle.
8. Hitchhikers are up early too. I guess they have a lot of walking to do.
9. Construction workers don’t move very fast. Pretty much in the same spot working they were the last time I went out 4 weeks ago.
10. Duct tape can hold much of a car together. I actually saw three that used duct tape on them. What is this? The south?
11. Happy go lucky slow pokes that are driving 10-20 below the speed limit like to give you a dirty look when you pass them.
12. If I’m the second or third one to pass them they seem more ticked off. Works for me.
Is there anything you notice when you drive a long way? Are you annoyed by people driving slow? If there is bad weather, sure, drive slow and not be a speeding idiot that will end up in the ditch, but if it is a clear summer day, pffft is all I can say.
Enjoy life, forget the strife.